At the table of the starred gastronomic restaurants are placed the most efficient and beautiful wine decanters. To help you find and buy the most suitable wine decanter to decant, serve and visualize the wine, Bestwine – Online presents you the brands and references of wine decanters used by the greatest professionals of the gastronomy and the restoration that are the chefs, oenologists, sommeliers, barmen and waiters.
Find the best wine decanters
Discover the wine decanters chosen by chefs, sommeliers and bartenders of starred gastronomic restaurants. A selection by credible and legitimate professionals to help you find the perfect wine decanter.
Buy the best wine decanters
We guide you to the most interesting commercial and promotional offers online. You can buy the best wine decanters with confidence thanks to a reliable and unbiased reference.
The best wine decanters
With Bestwine – Online, the reference for the best wine decanters:
- Enjoy your wine in the perfect wine decanter.
- Offer an exceptional wine decanter.
- Enrich your bar and tableware with a prestigious wine decanter.
- Discover all the information you need to know about the wine decanter and its specificities in order to easily choose your wine decanter.
Riedel wine decanter
Wine carafebrand : Riedel
Best wine decanter brands
Refer to the opinions of chefs, sommeliers and bartenders from starred gourmet restaurants around the world to discover the best wine decanter brands in the world. A classification and comparison of wine decanters selected in starred gastronomic restaurants by experts in the field of high gastronomy.
|Reference of the wine decanter||Brand of the wine decanter||Capacity of the wine carafe||Material of the wine carafe||Type of wine carafe|
|Wine carafe Riedel||Riedel||20 cl||Glass||Wine carafe|
The wine decanter
Definition of the wine decanter: the wine decanter is a container that allows to decant, present and serve wine. The wine decanter can be used for still wine like red wine, white wine, rosé wine, yellow wine and orange wine. The wine decanter is not suitable for sparkling wines such as champagne. The wine decanter can be made of glass or crystal.
The term wine decanter originates from the Italian word caraffa, which comes from the Arabic gharraf (“drinking pot”) and the Spanish garrafa. Wine decanters have been used since the 16th century in the art of entertaining. However, decanters have evolved over the centuries to become containers for alcoholic beverages. In the past, we used to talk about a jar or a pitcher for example to qualify a liquid container allowing its service. The wine decanter is sometimes called a wine decanter since it also allows the wine to be decanted.
Technically, the wine decanter is composed of different parts:
- The neck of the wine decanter: the neck of the wine decanter is the highest part of the container. It is called the rim of the wine decanter. The neck of the wine decanter allows to pour and especially to pour the beverage in the wine glass. The neck of the wine decanter can be open, i.e. wider and wider or closed, i.e. narrower and narrower.
- The chimney of the wine decanter: the chimney of the wine decanter is the part under the neck which logically narrows progressively to the neck.
- The body of the wine dec anter: the body of the wine decanter is the widest part of the wine decanter. It is also referred to as the shoulder of the wine decanter in the same way as the wine glass. Generally, the shoulder of the wine decanter is the part at which the surface of the 75 cl of wine stabilizes when the whole bottle is poured.
- The base of the wine dec anter: the base of the wine decanter is also the bottom. The base of the wine decanter stabilizes the container on the table.
The wine decanter has several uses for its users:
- The wine decanter must allow the wine to decant: The wine, when poured into the decanter, comes into contact with the air. This is when the decanting process begins. During several minutes or hours, the wine will evolve in taste. Therefore, the wine decanter must ensure the necessary aeration to ensure a good decantation to allow the development of the aromas. The wine is poured from the bottle to the decanter and then from the decanter to the glass through the neck.
- The wine decanter must allow to observe the wine: the wine decanter must allow to visualize the beverage, from its color to its texture.
- The wine decanter must allow the wine to be served: the wine decanter must ensure that the liquid is poured into the wine glass.
Choosing the right wine decanter
The right wine decanter should have a neck wide enough to pour the wine in and out. The neck must be ergonomically adapted to accommodate the neck of the wine bottle and to easily pour the liquid. The neck of the wine decanter must therefore be wide with potentially a pouring spout to ensure proper service of the wine by the glass.
The wine decanter should be light to facilitate serving by the glass. The wine decanter can have a handle to make it easier to hold. The handle on a wine decanter can be useful to ensure a good grip on the container. If the wine decanter does not have a handle, it must be ergonomically designed to facilitate its grip.
The wine decanter must also be an aesthetic accessory. A wine decanter must be aesthetically pure. It should not have any engraving or printed designs that could interfere with the observation of the wine. The wine decanter should be colorless and translucent so that the color of the wine can be seen accurately. The wine decanter should be uncluttered and without too much aesthetic extravagance. Indeed, the wine decanter must enhance the content and must not steal the show with too extravagant shapes. The bottom of the bottle must be balanced to ensure the stability of the container. The wine decanter must have a stopper which optimizes the conservation of the beverage.
The right wine decanter is a glass decanter since crystal contains lead, which is harmful to health. The lead contained in the crystal wine decanter can be diluted in the wine.
A good wine decanter is one that is easy to clean. Therefore, the wine decanter should allow easy access to the interior to remove residues and clean up wine traces. It is therefore not recommended to choose a narrow wine decanter. It is advisable to rinse the wine decanter with plenty of hot water after cleaning it with a detergent. Drying should be done naturally in the air. This will avoid leaving any traces of the product or textile fibres from cloths or towels on the decanter.
The volume of a wine decanter should be greater than the capacity of the bottle. For example, a decanter of at least 1l should be used to pour a 75 cl bottle of wine.
The wine in the decanter
The wine in the decanter can be poured from the bottle into the container gently or more abruptly. When the wine is poured gently into the decanter, it avoids splashing the rim of the decanter. When the wine is poured into the decanter abruptly, it helps the wine to decant. The aeration that follows allows the development of aerial aromas and the softening of tannins.
The wine decanter must be at room temperature and not hot so as not to heat up the wine. Therefore, do not use a wine decanter right out of the dishwasher. Also, check that the wine decanter does not contain any impurities that can affect the taste and appearance of the wine. The wine decanter, in the art of the table is arranged at the time of the aperitif, the meal and the dessert. Only one wine decanter should be placed on the table at a time.
Generally, the waiter who handles the wine decanter wears gloves or uses a towel or a tea towel in order not to heat the container with body heat and especially not to dirty it with fingerprints.
When decanting, old wines with a color that can become tinted, generally have a structure that is too weak to be decanted for a long time. Old wines should be left to decant in their upright bottle for several hours and uncorked shortly before tasting. On the other hand, decanting for an hour or two will be beneficial for some young wines or for a wine that is in full maturity. By significantly increasing the surface area in contact with the air, decanting will allow a certain amount of oxidation and the removal of certain undesirable volatiles (sulfur, volatile acidity…) and the development of more complex aromas (to the detriment of the more volatile ones).
Wine in a carafe does not keep long. It is possible to consume a wine poured into a carafe 72 hours after it has been poured into the container. For an optimal taste, the wine should be decanted one to two hours before drinking.
An authentic classification and comparison to choose your wine decanter
Time needed: 5 minutes
Choose the best wine decanter for you:
- Select one or more selection criteria for your wine decanter according to your preferences.
- Rank the wine decanters according to your selection criteria.
- Select your favorite wine decanter.
- Buy online one of the best wine decanters at the best price.
- Receive or offer one of the best wine decanters to enjoy your favorite wine!
The selection of the best wine decanters
Bestwine – Online references the wine decanters found on the tables of the most famous and recognized gastronomic restaurants around the world. References of wine decanters approved by the most famous chefs and sommeliers of the gastronomy, themselves valued by the critics. Only the wine decanters sold online are presented to you so that you can buy them easily.
The best wine decanters repository is updated daily with new references that are placed on the tables of gourmet restaurants. We also update the commercial and promotional offers to allow you to buy online a quality wine decanter at the best price. We are committed to presenting only wine decanters from the tables of award-winning gourmet restaurants.
Chefs, sommeliers, bartenders and waiters of gourmet restaurants are the guarantors of the excellence of fine dining by offering the best products, food and beverages served in the most beautiful glasses in their restaurants. Naturally, the chefs, sommeliers and waiters of the finest gourmet restaurants have the best wine decanters on their tables.
Bestwine – Online is committed to referencing the best wine decanters and guiding you to the most attractive online offers so that you can buy them at the best price. The best wine decanter plan for a good deal to find and buy a wine decanter at the best value for money!
- Find the best wine decanters
- Buy the best wine decanters
- The best wine decanters
- Best wine decanter brands
- The wine decanter
- Choosing the right wine decanter
- The wine in the decanter
- An authentic classification and comparison to choose your wine decanter
- The selection of the best wine decanters