Champagne is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in starred gourmet restaurants. This sparkling wine produced exclusively in the Champagne region of France is served in different glasses. Bestwine – Online offers you to discover all the brands and references of champagne glasses placed on the table of the most beautiful addresses of the high gastronomy, namely the starred gastronomic restaurants. References of champagne glasses chosen because they are ideally designed to enhance the qualities that make a champagne a good champagne or a vintage.
Find the best champagne glasses
Discover the champagne glasses chosen by chefs, sommeliers and bartenders of starred gastronomic restaurants. A selection by credible and legitimate professionals to help you find the perfect champagne glass.
Buy the best champagne glasses
We guide you to the most interesting commercial and promotional offers online. You can buy the best champagne glasses with confidence thanks to a reliable and impartial reference.
The best champagne glasses
With Bestwine – Online, the reference for the best champagne glasses:
- Enjoy champagne in the perfect glass.
- Offer a champagne glass or a set of exceptional champagne glasses.
- Enrich your bar and your tableware with prestigious champagne glasses.
- Discover all the information you need to know about champagne glasses and their specificities in order to easily choose your champagne glass.
Champagne glass Chef & Sommelier
Champagne glass brand : Chef & Sommelier
Type of champagne glass: tulip champagne glass
Best brands of champagne glasses
Refer to the opinions of chefs, sommeliers and bartenders from starred gourmet restaurants around the world to discover the best champagne glass brands in the world. A classification and comparison of the champagne glasses selected within the starred gastronomic restaurants by experts specialized in the high gastronomy.
|Reference of the champagne glass||Brand of the champagne glass||Capacity of the champagne glass||Material of the champagne glass||Type of champagne glass|
|Champagne glass tulip Chef & Sommelier||Chef & Sommelier||20 cl||Glass||Tulip champagne glass|
The champagne glass
Definition of a champagne glass: a champagne glass is a container that allows you to serve and drink champagne. There are different types of champagne glasses such as the champagne flute, the tulip champagne glass and the champagne glass. As a piece of language, the terms “champagne glass”, “champagne cup” and “champagne flute” are commonly used to refer to a champagne glass. The term “champagne glass” is also commonly used to refer to a glass in which to serve sparkling wine such as crémant, prosecco or cava.
The use of the champagne glass dates back to the 19th century. The champagne glass was part of the tableware of French bourgeois families. The champagne glass was the first glass created and used to serve and drink champagne. At the beginning of the 20th century, the champagne flute was created. From 1930, the champagne flute became the standard for serving champagne at the expense of the champagne glass. The champagne flute was then considered more suitable for tasting dry champagne which was the most popular category of champagne at that time. The champagne glass was considered more suitable for serving sweeter champagnes
However, oenologists and sommeliers agree that technically the champagne flute and the champagne tulip glass are more suitable than the champagne glass for tasting this beverage. Indeed, the champagne flute and the tulip champagne glass expose the beverage less to the ambient air. In both the champagne flute and the champagne tulip glass, only a small part of the champagne is in contact with the air on the surface. The champagne therefore loses its carbon dioxide less quickly. Also, less exposure to the air allows the champagne to keep its aromas longer, which preserves the quality of its taste. For its part, the champagne glass is not optimal for tasting champagne. On the one hand, it does not allow the champagne to produce foam and on the other hand it makes the champagne’s aromas evaporate. So, which is the best champagne glass, the flute or the glass? Experts agree that the champagne flute is preferable to the champagne glass. However, the champagne flute should not be too narrow either. Indeed, a champagne flute if it is too narrow prevents the good aeration of sparkling wine. This can cause the champagne to become too pungent, which can have a negative effect on the tasting experience. The same goes for the height of the champagne flute, which when it is too high can tend to produce large bubbles which is unpleasant in the mouth. The tulip champagne glass is the right choice according to experts to magnify this beverage. The best champagne glass is therefore considered to be the tulip champagne glass by gastronomy experts such as chefs, sommeliers, barmen and oenologists of starred gastronomic restaurants. The tulip champagne glass allows the champagne to breathe without exposing it too much to the ambient air.
Types of champagne glasses
- The champagne flute: the champagne flute is a stemmed glass. The champagne flute is made of a long chalice. The chalice is composed of a rim which corresponds to the upper end of the glass, a chimney which corresponds to the part under the rim and whose diameter can reduce towards the top and a gob which corresponds to the bottom of the glass. The stem of the champagne flute connects the chalice by what is called the button. The bottom of the stem joins the foot, also called the base of the glass. The stem of the champagne flute is more or less long. This foot allows to stabilize the champagne flute on a support. The foot of the champagne flute can be flat or conical. The champagne flute has a small diameter. The capacity of a standard champagne flute is 12.5 cl. The champagne flute is characterized by a long and high chalice and a long stem.
- The tulip champagne glass: the tulip champagne glass is a long and rounded glass. The tulip champagne glass is a mix between the balloon glass and the champagne flute. The tulip champagne glass also has a chalice with a spout and a chimney. The tulip glass also has a shoulder which is a wider part under the chimney and before the goblet. Champagne is served in tulip champagne glasses at the shoulder. The tulip champagne glass also has a more or less long stem and a conical or flat base of medium size.
- The champagne glass: the champagne glass is also a stemmed glass. The champagne glass has a wide chalice with a wide mouthpiece and a short chimney. The chimney of the champagne glass can be tightened up to the mouthpiece. The depth of the champagne glass is low. The champagne glass has a goblet at the bottom of the chalice. This last one is connected to the stem by the button. The stem also joins the foot of the glass which is generally flat.
The foot of the champagne glass, whether it is a flute, a tulip champagne glass or a coupe, allows the user of the glass not to touch the chalice with his fingers so as not to dirty it and not to heat the container and therefore the contents.
Choosing the right champagne glass
The champagne glass must be translucent to highlight the champagne. The champagne glass should not be colored or opaque and should not have any engraved or printed designs. This makes it easier to observe the color of the champagne’s robe, which is more or less golden for white champagne and more or less pink for rosé champagne. Whether it is a flute, a tulip glass or a glass, the champagne must be enhanced within the glass. It is possible to visually analyze through the glass or the crystal which can constitute the champagne glass the color thus but also the texture and the effervescence of the beverage. The aesthetics of the champagne glass should not prevail over the enhancement of the beverage contained in the glass. The champagne glass must be as thin as possible. Gastronomy professionals say that it is possible to determine the quality of a champagne glass by the thinness of the walls. However, it should not be forgotten that the champagne glass should be a decorative element on the table. The champagne glass must therefore be beautiful and efficient.
There is not necessarily a better choice between a crystal champagne glass and a glass champagne glass. The crystal is thinner and therefore more visual. It is also lighter and stronger than glass. However, the difference between the two materials when it comes to a champagne glass is not very significant. It is especially on the selling price that the crystal champagne glasses differ since they are more expensive.
The volume of a champagne glass should not be excessive. A standard bottle of champagne contains 75 cl. It is therefore possible to fill 6 glasses of 12.5 cl when they are filled to 4/5th of the glass. A champagne glass with a volume of more than 20 cl may tend to expose the champagne to the air for too long, which will affect its quality.
Champagne by the glass
Champagne is served by the glass at all stages of the meal, from the aperitif to the dessert.
By the glass, champagne is served very cold. In order not to cause too much emulsion in the glass, it is possible to moisten the inside of the champagne glass. Also, it is a good idea to tilt the champagne glass when serving the beverage. This allows the frother to be received gently without quickly impacting the glass, which creates foam. The champagne glass is filled to 4/5th of the glass. The champagne glass must be very clean. Indeed, the presence of impurities tends to make the champagne foam. Champagne, when served very cold, can produce condensation around the glass. To make the champagne tasting experience easier, it is possible to integrate a coaster under the champagne glass.
For proper care, the champagne glass should be washed by hand with hot water without the use of cleaning products. Indeed, the use of washing products harms the sparkling wine and can prevent the appearance of foam. Drying should be done naturally on a drainer for example. Do not use a textile to dry the champagne glass as this can leave residues.
An authentic classification and comparison to choose your champagne glass
Time needed: 5 minutes
Choose the best champagne glass for you:
- Select one or more selection criteria for your champagne glass according to your preferences.
- Rank the champagne glasses according to your selection criteria.
- Select your favorite champagne glass.
- Buy online one of the best champagne glasses at the best price.
- Receive or offer one of the best champagne glasses to enjoy your favorite champagne!
The selection of the best champagne glasses
Bestwine – Online references the champagne glasses found on the tables of the most famous and recognized gastronomic restaurants around the world. The references of champagne glasses are approved by the most famous chefs and sommeliers of the gastronomy, who are themselves valued by the critics. Only the champagne glasses sold online are presented to you so that you can buy them easily.
The reference list of the best champagne glasses is updated daily by integrating new references that are placed on the tables of gastronomic restaurants. We also update the commercial and promotional offers to allow you to buy online a quality champagne glass at the best price. We are committed to presenting only champagne glasses from the tables of award-winning gourmet restaurants.
Chefs, sommeliers, bartenders and waiters of gourmet restaurants are the guarantors of the excellence of fine dining by offering the best products, food and beverages served in the most beautiful glasses in their restaurants. Naturally, the chefs, sommeliers and waiters of the finest gourmet restaurants have the best champagne glasses on their tables.
Bestwine – Online is committed to referencing the best champagne glasses and to guide you towards the most attractive online commercial offers so that you can buy them at the best price. The best champagne glass plan for a good deal to find and buy a champagne glass at the best value for money!
- Find the best champagne glasses
- Buy the best champagne glasses
- The best champagne glasses
- Best brands of champagne glasses
- The champagne glass
- Types of champagne glasses
- Choosing the right champagne glass
- Champagne by the glass
- An authentic classification and comparison to choose your champagne glass
- The selection of the best champagne glasses